Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to School





Happy Kids Academy, that is! And I am so excited to have found this free software called 'Homeschool Tracker" that allows me to lesson plan days in advance, reschedule the assignments we didn't get to, track reading lists (and dates completed!) give grades, etc. I finally feel like I have a handle on this thing, that I can make sure we cover everything we need to and have a record of all our work! It's the little things that make me happy . . .we also joined a homeschool group that meets for park days once a week, so the kids can socialize with other kids on this same journey. :O) Had fun at the last one - there must have been 40 or 50 kids there! Within minutes, Ryan was running with a gang of boys between the sprinklers and the sandbox, and Bekah had paired up with another 9 year old girl ("She has an annoying 6 year old brother, too!")and by the end of the afternoon they had exchanged phone numbers and promised to meet at the next park day. I know I don't really have to worry about my kids being socialized - seems like they are with other kids almost every week - but it's still reassuring to see how easily they make friends. I'm still not committed to homeschooling them all they way to college, just taking one year at a time.

So between work, homeschooling and church activities, we are staying quite busy! I'm now in the rotation to assist with Sunday School, I'm on a hiring committee for a new Christian Education leader, and I'm on the transcription team (typing up transcriptions of sermons for the website.) Tonight however, we are all taking a break. Rodney's at his weekly poker game, the kids are allowed to play the Wii until bedtime, and I can just be. Ahhhh . . . I love Wednesdays.

The pictures are of the kids playing outside over the Labor Day weekend. It was finally cool enough to be outside for a little while! The high tomorrow is supposed to only be 90 - I can't tell you what a relief that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment